Friday 15 April 2011

Hair Products: Shea Butter Softening Hair and Scalp Lotion

Shea Butter Softening Hair and Scalp Lotion



I've had this for some time now and generally use it on my scalp. Its good and the applicator nozzle is very handy especially when my hair is braided. It's from ORGANIC ROOT Stimulator who have a natural hair range. I bought it for £3.99 from a hair shop in either Turnpike Lane or West Green Road. One thing to note regarding products claiming to have shea butter is that sometimes the quantity of the shea butter is very little (as pointed out by BlackOnyx77 on her 65 Do's and Don'ts video). The ingredients that are listed higher up on the list are those that make up most of the product. So if shea butter appears towards the end of a list of ingredients, the you know that it's not really a shea butter product (they just call it shea butter because more people will buy it). When I use it directly on my hair it feels a bit light and watery, so I only use for this purpose if I run out of my shea butter mix. I'm ot sure if I will use this again.

Ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Copolyol, Glycerine, Methyl Gluceth-10, Dimethiconol, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parki), Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polysorbate-20, Carrot Oil (Daucus Carota Sativa), Fragrance (Parfum), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Quaternium-15.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...